“We will ensure accurate VAT records are kept”
A VAT return shows HMRC input tax charged to you by your suppliers and output tax charged by you to your customers. At the end of the quarter these two figures are netted off and a credit balance in your ledger means you owe HMRC, a debit balance means you are due a refund from HMRC.
Accounting for Value Added Tax could be cumbersome for those not familiar with the processes and rules behind it. VAT is paid directly to HMRC every quarter by registered businesses who reach the threshold (currently £85,000 annual turnover).
VAT registration can be mandatory or voluntary and it affects not just Limited Companies but Sole Traders and Partnerships as well.
Compliance and tax affairs are often complex issues. Professional help in these areas can be essential. If you would like complete peace of mind that you are completing your tax filing and VAT returns correctly then look no further and contact us.
“Get your taxes done – simply!”
Our Premium Bookkeeping & Complete Bookkeeping packages include VAT returns.
Our VAT services include:
- Registering for VAT (dependent on annual turnover)
- Accounting for VAT
- VAT reconciliations
- Preparing your quarterly VAT returns.
- Submission of quarterly VAT returns to HMRC (if authorised to act as your agent)
- Advice on VAT schemes (ie. Flat Rate Scheme, Cash Accounting Scheme)
- Acting as your agent in the event of a HMRC investigation